Methi potato curry recipe | Fenugreek leaves | Vendhayakeerai is a tasty side dish for Indian parathas, which is very healthy with methi leaves and potato. You can remember this dish very easily because the ingredients used here are very less and they are only asafoetida, green chillies and salt along with the main ingredients. It is a dry soft side dish. Methi leaves are of medicinal value especially for diabetic patients. To know more details on its value click health benefits of methi leaves
You may also like
- Vendhaya Keerai / methi / fenugreek leaves – 1 bundle
- potatoes – 2-3 number
- oil – 2 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- green chillies – 2 number (chopped)
- salt – to taste
1. Remove methi leaves from the stems, wash and chop and keep it ready.
2. Scrap the skin of the potatoes, chop into cubes, wash in water and keep it ready.
3. Heat 2 tsps of oil, add asafoetida.
4. When it splutters add chopped potatoes and fry for few minutes.
5. When the edges of the potatoes turns golden add chopped green chillies and sauté.
6. Now add washed and chopped methi leaves.
7. Fry well without adding water. When it is cooked well add required salt. If the veggies were not cooked well sprinkle little water, close and cook. Do not add more water. The dish should be dry at the end.
8. When the vegetables gets cooked well and the dish is dry, switch off the stove.