Methi Phulkas recipe | Vendhaya keerai roti | Poongodi’s kitchen is prepared using wheat flour, chopped methi and salt. This recipe is the same as that of a wheat bread, but here we add fresh finely chopped vendhaya Keerai and sugar along with the dough. It makes the roti little spicy and sweet.
Making of bread is the same as other rotis. When we need a roti we can put in tawa with oil, whereas for Phulkas we should put directly in flame after heating the bread lightly. Now let us see how to prepare this bread by east method.
- wheat flour/ godhumai maavu – 2 cups
- methi/ vendhaya keerai – 1 cup
- sugar – 3 tsp
- salt – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder/ manjal thool – 1/2 tsp
1. Wash and chop methi leaves.
2. Mix wheat flour, methi leaves, sugar, salt, turmeric powder, add enough water and mix into a smooth dough and leave for 10 minutes.
3. Roll it into small circles using your roller pin.
4. Put it in pan as usual and make roti’s.
5. Turn the side till both sides were cooked well.
6. I made phulkas and it worked out well.
7. Taste of methi (bitterness) will be suppressed by sugar and it tastes good which will be loved by everyone.
Other bread recipes in my website Click on the following links