Masala kadalai recipe | Fried spicy peanuts | Masala peanuts are prepared a by deep frying the peanuts by coating with gram and rice flour, chilly and salt. Peanuts are very healthy and available throughout the world. To know more details about peanuts click on peanut – Wikipedia
- peanuts / groundnuts / nilakadalai – 1 cup
- gram flour / besan / kadalai maavu – 4 tsp
- rice flour / arisi maavu – 2 tsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- salt / uppu – to taste
- ginger / inji – 1 inch piece
- garlic / poondu – 6 cloves
- green chilly / pachai milagai – 1
- oil – for deep frying
1. Grind green chilly, ginger and garlic to a fine paste adding one tsp of water.
2. Take all the other ingredients besan, rice flour, red chilly powder turmeric powder and salt in a bowl.
3. Mix all the ingredients along with peanuts without adding too much of water. Finally add rice powder, so that it will be crispy.
4. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Put the masala coated peanuts one by one in oil and fry till it changes to golden brown colour.
5. Once it turns colour and fried well, remove from oil and keep it on a tissue.
6. You can also fry a few curry leaves and add which is optional. Store it in a container once it is cooled to room temperature.
For more snacks recipes click on the below links