Mango flower pachadi recipe can be prepared during the flowering season of the mango tree. Dish is prepared with mango flowers, coconut, jaggery, tamarind, cumin seeds and salt.
For even more recipes with mango click on the links below:-
Now let us see the preparation of a pachadi using mango flowers.
A short video link for the recipe in addition:-
Mango flower pachadi recipe – Ingredients:-
- maampoo / mango flower – 1/2 cup
- tamarind paste / puzhi paste – 1/2 tsp
- grated coconut / thengai thuruval – 1/2 cup
- jaggery / vellam – 1/4 cup
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
Mango flower pachadi recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly cook mango flowers in water for 5 minutes.
2. Secondly add tamarind pulp and continue boiling for 2 more minutes. Switch off the stove and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
3. On the other hand put grated coconut into the mixie jar.
4. Then add jaggery (grated) to it.
5. Similarly add cumin seeds to the mixie jar.
6. Further heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan, fry red chillies and add.
7. Finally add cooked and cooled mango flowers and tamarind paste.
7. Grind coarsly all the ingredients in the mixie.
8. You can serve this pachadi along with rice during meals.
If you like the recipe share it with your friends. Subscribe for more such recipes.