Mambazha payasam | mango kheer recipe shall be prepared during its season (summer) with fresh fruits. Mango pulp, sugar and milk are the main ingredients. Sugar can be substituted with jaggery or honey. A yummy kheer for all mango lovers. Preparation is very simple and can be served in addition during a feast. Everyone at home will love this mango kheer.
- mangoes – 3-4 number
- sugar – 4 tsps (can be substituted by jaggery or honey)
- milk – 1 cup
- ghee, cashews and dry grapes for garnishing
1. Remove the skin of the mangoes using a knife at first.
2. Chop the pulp of one mango into fine pieces and keep it aside.
3. Chop the other fruits roughly and add sugar to a mixie jar.
4. Grind it to a fine paste.
5. Add milk to the finely chopped mango pieces in the bowl.
6. Now add the ground paste to the bowl and mix well using a spoon. Heat one tsp of ghee in a fry pan and add cashewnuts and when it turns golden add dry grapes. When dry grapes pops up, switch off the stove and pour it into the payasam and serve.