Malabar fish fry recipe is a delicious non vegetarian recipe which is popular along the Malabar coast in India. Fishes are the main source of proteins to the non vegetarians. It is an easy to prepare recipe for the bachelors and family members too because it needs very less time.
You can use any type of fish to prepare this recipe. Fishes should be marinated in advance and the cooking time is very less. So, you can marinate it and go out or do some other work and cook before your meals. It will be crispy, healthy and tasty too.
Malabar fish fry recipe – Ingredients:-
- Fish – 1 kg
- chilly powder – 2 tsp
- ginger garlic paste / inji Poondu paste – 1 tsp
- cumin powder / seeraga powder – 1 tsp
- channa dal powder / kadalai maavu – 1 tsp
- pepper powder / Milagu podi – 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon powder / pattai podi – 1/2 tsp
- salt – 1 tsp
- lemon juice – 2 tsp
Malabar fish fry recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly clean and wash fish. The pieces should be of medium size, not very thin or thick.
2. Secondly mix all the above ingredients into a paste adding lemon juice and water.
3. Further put the fish pieces in the mixed masala paste and mix well. Take care that the masala was applied throughout the fish pieces and fish pieces were covered completely. Marinate the pieces with masala paste for one hour.
4. Finally after one hour add 3 or 4 table spoons of oil in a fry pan and deep fry the fish pieces. When one side changes to golden brown, turn the other side and fry for one more minute, till the other side also turns golden brown. Usually fish will be cooked very soon. One minute for each side and so it will be done in two minutes.
5. Serve hot along with tomato sauce, lemons and onion pieces. You can serve as a side dish for rice or as starter.