Making good curd at home which is called as dahi or yogurt is very simple if you follow the steps I have given below. Keep these steps in mind when you prepare it. While we have good yogurt at home, our work will be half reduced in cooking.
- milk – 1/2 litre
- curd – 1 tsp
Steps to follow:-
1. You can use full cream milk for this process.
2. Boil milk without adding water so that the product will be thick. This process of boiling will help you in not spoiling the milk before fermentation.
3. Curd which you use for fermentation should not be very thick or very cold and so beat it and keep in room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
4. Milk should not be too hot or cold. When it is hot it coagulates but when it is cold it will not ferment. So milk should be warm when you touch and if it was in refrigerator, heat lightly and make it warm.
Making good curd – Steps to follow:-
5. Now mix both the ingredients together.
6. After adding transfer milk from one container to another twice or thrice so that both the ingredients will mix evenly.
7. Take a separate container and pour the prepared milk in that container and keep it without disturbance for 5-6 hours. If you stay in a cold place, keep it in a hot pack (or) inside oven (or) cover it with a warm blanket. We used to do this during winter when we were in Delhi. During summer season it sets faster.
9. Once it sets, refrigerate for two to three hours and use when ever needed.
Even more related links in my website are as follows:-