Rotis were basic Indian breads prepared using wheat flour or maida. Soft Phulka Roti preparation will explain about the preparation of roti with wheat flour without using oil. Phulka which means air will be filled inside the roti while preparing.
How to make the softest Phulka Roti – A short video recipe with ingredients
Soft phulka roti preparation ingredients:-
- wheat flour – 1 cup
- salt – 1/4 tsp
- water – as needed
- rolling pin
- any dry pan
- tongs or arikarandi or dosai Thirupi.
1. Take 1 cup of wheat flour of good quality and add salt to it in a bowl.
2. Add water little by little and mix using your hands. Knead well until the dough do not stick to your hand. The dough should be very soft and smooth when you touch.
3. Leave it for 15 minutes.
4. Make small balls, flatten it with your fingers and dip it in dry flour on both the sides and roll it using a rolling pin into circles, taking care that the circle is of equal thickness(it should not be thick or thin no one side, there should not be any holes too) It’s size should be little larger than the size of the burner.
5. Heat the pan and place the roti for a few seconds till small bubbles appear.
6. Turn the other side and put again in the pan for a little longer time until small brown circles appear.
7. Now transfer it to direct flame using the tong or other spoons you have, where the first side which touched the pan comes to flame.
8. The roti will puff up into a ball and at that time remove it from flame and apply a little ghee and store it in a hot pack with a cloth.
9. Though you don’t get some good ones practice without loosing heart. You can master it soon and you will love to make such phulkas later.
URL for the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TztgyTmke7o
For other roti varieties in my website click on the links below