Home made paneer recipe | பன்னீர் செய்முறை gives you the step by step preparation of smooth soft cottage paneer at home by curdling milk using lemon juice. The cheese that is got is pressed to cubes. Making perfect paneer at home is very easy. At home we can make paneer using curd, lemon juice or vinegar and the quality is much better than the store bought paneer. For health benefits and nutrition value click on cottage cheese
When we prepare any gravy using paneer we should add paneer at the final stage of the gravy preparation and stir gently to avoid breaking of paneer. Paneer doesn’t need to be cooked for longer. The heat in the gravy itself is enough to cook paneer.
Home made paneer recipe | பன்னீர் செய்முறை – Ingredients:-
- full fat milk – 1 liter
- lemon juice – 2 tsp
1. Take lemon juice and filter it. Add little water and keep it ready.
2. Bring milk to boil.
3. When milk boils and raises up, pour filtered lemon juice-water mixture little by little and gradually stir using a spoon. Now milk coagulates and solid milk portion(called as chhena) and liquid portion (called as whey) starts to separate.
4. Now you can see the milk curdling. Switch off the stove. If your milk doesn’t curdle, pour some more juice. If you continue to cook at this stage, paneer will become hard.
5. To prevent that we use ice cubes to stop from getting cooked further. Allow it to rest for one minute.
6. Place a sieve above a container and put a wet muslin cloth above it. Pour curdled milk along with whey in it, so that paneer will be separated in the cloth and whey in the container. Rinse under running water to remove the smell of the lemon.
7. Tie it and hang for 20 minutes to squeeze water completely.
8. Keep the tied muslin cloth on a plate with holes. Keep some weight above it. I have kept my pressure cooker filled with uncooked raw rice to make it heavy.
9. Allow it to set for one hour. Remove the cloth and cut into cubes.
10. You can use at once or refrigerate it and use on the next day.
For recipes with paneer click on