Maavilakku maavu recipe | Rice flour lamp is prepared to put lamp in “Amman temples” during the tamil month Aadi. In different places they put maavilakku in different months too. Many of us may not know how to prepare maavilakku. It is very easy to prepare and I am sharing the recipe with you now. To know more about it click – maavilakku details
- raw rice powder / arisi maavu – 1 cup
- grated jaggery / vellam – 3/4 cup
- ghee / nei – 1 tsp
1. We can buy rice powder from store. But it is well and good if we prepare at home.
2. To prepare at home, we should soak raw rice in water for nearly 2 hours.
3. Now dry that wet rice in a towel for 6 hours or overnight.
4. Grind it into a fine powder in your mixie.
5. Sieve it through a filter and collect one cup of rice for this recipe.
6. Grind jaggery in a blender, then add rice powder and blend once for few seconds.
7. It will become thick. Take it out and place in a cup.
8. Make a shallow in the centre with your fingers. Add one tsp of ghee in the shallow made. Put a wick and light it in Amman temples.
9. This is used as prasadham after lighting.
Ragi | keppai kool | கேப்பை கூழ் | அம்மன் பிரசாதம் is another recipe prepared specially for Amman temple. Inippu kolukattai and Kondaikkadalai Sundal are other recipes which can be taken to temple as Prasad.