Maangai Vella Pachadi recipe | Chettinad recipe is one of the delicious recipes of chettinad. We prepare this pachadi with raw mangoes, Moong dal, jaggery, green chillies and salt which gives a wonderful taste to the dish. Those who have not tasted this, try atleast once.
To know about Chettinad cuisine click the link – Chettinad cuisine – Wikipedia . When ever you cook this Vella pachadi at home nothing will be left over. I have given you the method of preparation in simple steps.
Preparation Time:- 30 minutes
To Serve:- 3 persons
Maangai Vella Pachadi recipe – Ingredients:-
- Mango- 1 (big)
- Moong dal / pasi paruppu – 1/2 cup (optional)
- Jaggery / vellam – 1 cup (100 to 150 gms according to the taste of the mango)
- Green chillies – 2 number
- Turmeric powder / manjal thool – 1/4 tsp
- Salt- pinch (this can be very less because we use jaggery)
Maangai Vella Pachadi recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Red chilly – 1
- Curry leaves – few
- Mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
Maangai Vella Pachadi recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly remove skin and cut mango into small cubes.
2. Secondly cook moong dal in a container with little water (this is optional. If you do not use moong dal leave this step)
3. Cook mango separately in pressure cooker along with green chillies, turmeric powder, salt and little water for 1 whistle.
4. Once pressure is released mash mango pieces well with a masher.
5. Heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters add curry leaves and red chilly. Now add mashed mango and dal together and add jaggery little by little.
6. Finally when jaggery melts and all ingredients mix well and becomes thick switch off the stove.
7. Serve as side dish with rice.
The salt version of this pachadi is Maangai Pachadi recipe chettinad
Other raw mango recipe is Raw Mango Mint chutney recipe | Maangai Pudina