Maangai Sadham | raw mango rice recipe is prepared with grated raw mango, green chillies, mustard seeds, urad dal, red chilly, asafoetida, turmeric powder and salt. This is a tasty variety rice that can be prepared for tiffin box to school going children. Everyone loves the taste of mango and can be prepared in season. We have already prepared Raw Mango Mint chutney, Chettinad Maangai Pachadi, Aavakkai Maangai Oorugai, Mango Thokku Chettinad, Chettinad Maavathal preparation and Maangai Vella Pachadi. Now during this summer we will prepare a variety rice with raw mango . I have given it in easy steps with photos.
Maangai Sadham mango rice – Ingredients:-
- rice – 1 cup (cooked)
- grated raw mango / maangai thuruval – 1/2 cup
- green chillies / pachai milagai – 3 number
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- oil – 3 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ukundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- red chillies / vara milagai – 1 number
- turmeric powder / manjal thool – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
Maangai Sadham mango rice – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all cook rice with enough water, add one tea spoon of gingely oil and keep it ready. Cooking white rice .
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and fry green chillies and grated mango.
3. Cool it to room temperature and grind coarsly in a mixie. Grinding mango is optional. You can also use grated raw mango as it is. In case you can grind these green chillies along with seasoning.
4. After that heat another tea spoon of oil and add mustard seeds. When it splutters add urad dal and when it turns golden add asafoetida and red chilly. Add turmeric powder.
5. Again cool this seasoning to room temperature and put it in the mixie along with the ground mixture of mango. Grind once again.
6. Finally add this ground mixture to the cooked rice along with required salt.
7. Mix well without breaking the rice and serve along with desired side dish.