Little millet | Saamai arisi Tomato soup recipe will be a delicious, healthy soup that can be served during parties or in between breakfast and meals. Onion, tomato, toor dal, saamai, green chillies and salt are the main ingredients. Know about Millets. Now let us see about the preparation of a soup using a millet.
- little millet / saamai arisi – 1/4 cup
- juicy tomatoes – 2 (chopped)
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- green chilly – 1 (slit)
- ginger / inji – 1/2 inch (chopped)
- toor dal / thuvaram paruppu – 2 tsp (can also use cooked toor dal)
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- finely chopped fresh coriander leaves, cumin and pepper powder for garnishing
1. Cook saamai arisi well and soft at first.
2. Chop the vegetables, onion, tomato and green chillies and keep it ready. Put all the ingredients chopped onion, tomato, green chilly, toor dal, turmeric powder in a pressure cooker.
3. Add enough water and pressure cook the ingredients for one whistle. Once when pressure is released open the pressure cooker. Drain water and separate the cooked vegetables.
4. Cool down to room temperature and blend it in a blender to a fine paste.
5. Mix the drained water and ground paste with required water, check for taste and heat for few minutes in a stove.
6. Add cooked saamai arisi and keep in low flame for two more minutes.
7. Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves, cumin pepper powder and serve hot.
For more recipes with millets click on the links below