Lemon Rice recipe | Elumichai sadham is a lunch box variety of rice usually prepared for carrying during travel or to school or office as it lasts long. Lemon juice is used here for its taste and flavour. Lemon – health benefits – click the link to know about the amazing health benefits of lemon.
This is an easy to prepare rice variety which is one of the popular variety rice in South India and suitable for beginners and bachelors to try. We have also prepared many rice varieties such as Thengai Sadham, Kothamalli sadham, Thakkali Sadham , Nellikkai sadham , Nilakadalai sadham, Thayir Sadham, Kudai milagai sadham , Sarkkarai Pongal , Pudina Rice , Ven Pongal , Kovil puliyodharai | tamarind rice and many more. Now let us see about the preparation of lemon rice in easy steps with photos to follow.
Preparation Time:- 15 minutes
To Serve:- 2 persons
Lemon Rice recipe – Ingredients:-
- Raw rice/ pacharisi – 1 cup
- Oil – to fry
- Mustard seeds/ kadugu – 1 tsp
- Urad dal/ ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida/ perungaayam – 1/4 tsp
- Green chillies – 2 (slit)
- Red chilly – 1 (cut into two)
- Groundnuts/ peanuts/ nilakadalai – 2 tblsp
- Cashew nuts/ mundhiri paruppu – 10-12 number
- Curry leaves/ karuvepilai – few
- Lemon juice/ elumichai – 2 tblsp
- Turmeric powder/ manjal podi – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
Lemon Rice recipe – Method:-
1. Firstly cook rice and drain water and cool it by spreading in a bowl.
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds followed by urad dal and asafoetida and when they splutter add green and red chillies. Similarly add ground nuts and cashew nuts and sauté for few minutes till it gets roasted and turns golden brown in colour. Switch off the stove and add curry leaves, turmeric powder and salt.
3. Finally add cooked rice to the pan along with lemon juice and mix well without breaking the rice. You can also pour this content to the rice bowl and mix.
4. After that serve with any side dish or pappad.