Lemon Pickle recipe | Nimbu | எலுமிச்சை ஊறுகாய் is a type of pickle which is prepared without using oil. This pickle can be stored for years and it is one of the best side dish for curd rice. You can prepare this pickle when you get lemons in abundant and store for a long period.
Pickles will always help us at the time of emergency and usually pickles were prepared with fruits and vegetables of sour taste. We have already prepared pickles using orange peel, kalakkai, mango, maavadu, Poondu, naarthangai, nellikkai, tomato and many more fruits and vegetables. Nimbu plays a prominent role in pickle preparation. In Poondu Oorugai we add lemon juice for its tanginess. Here we prepare Pickle with the same fruit itself. 🍋 This is very easy to prepare. Follow my steps, prepare and enjoy its taste.
Lemon Pickle recipe – Ingredients:-
- lemon – 20 number
- red chillies / vara milagai – 40 number
- fenugreek seeds/ vendhayam – 1 tsp
- asafoetida / perungaayam – 1/2 tsp
- salt / uppu – 3/4 tumbler
Lemon Pickle recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly cut each lemon into 8 pieces. I have shown in the photo below how I have cut.
2. On the other hand dry roast red chillies, cool down to room temperature and grind into a fine powder.
3. Similarly dry roast fenugreek seeds and asafoetida separately.
4. Secondly mix all the above, lemon, red chilly powder, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and salt together in a container.
5. Finally put it in a pickle container or glass jar for one or two days. Rotate the pickle using a ladle once in a day for a few days that is for 8 – 10 days.
Even more related posts are:-