This type of pickle is prepared without using oil. This can be stored for years and this is one of the best side dish for curd rice. You can prepare this pickle when you get lemons in abundant and store.
- lemon – 20 no
- red chillies – 40 no
- fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
- asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- salt – 3/4 tumbler
1. Cut each lemon into 8 pieces.
2. Dry roast red chillies, cool down and grind into a fine powder.
3. Dry roast fenugreek seeds and asafoetida.
4. Mix all the above,lemon, red chilly powder, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and salt together in a container.
5. Put it in a pickle container or glass jar for one or two days. Rotate the pickle using a ladle once in a day for a few days.