Lemon Pickle recipe | Nimbu | எலுமிச்சை ஊறுகாய் is a type of pickle is prepared without using oil. This can be stored for years and this is one of the best side dish for curd rice. You can prepare this pickle when you get lemons in abundant and store for a long period.
Pickles will always help us at the time of emergency. Usually pickles were prepared with fruits and vegetables of sour taste. We have already prepared pickles using orange peel, kalakkai, mango, maavadu, Poondu, naarthangai, nellikkai, tomato and many more fruits and vegetables. Nimbu plays a prominent role in pickle preparation. In Poondu Oorugai we add lemon juice for its tanginess. Here we prepare Pickle with the same fruit itself. 🍋 This is very easy to prepare. Follow my steps, prepare and enjoy its taste.
- lemon – 20 number
- red chillies/ vara milagai – 40 number
- fenugreek seeds/ vendhayam – 1 tsp
- asafoetida/ perungaayam – 1/2 tsp
- salt/ uppu – 3/4 tumbler
1. Cut each lemon into 8 pieces. I have shown in the photo below.
2. Dry roast red chillies, cool down to room temperature and grind into a fine powder.
3. Dry roast fenugreek seeds and asafoetida.
4. Mix all the above, lemon, red chilly powder, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and salt together in a container.
5. Put it in a pickle container or glass jar for one or two days. Rotate the pickle using a ladle once in a day for a few days.
Related posts are:-