You can prepare a tasty tea time snack which is called as left over chapathi Upma recipe with the morning chapathis along with chopped onions, green chillies spices salt and lemon juice.
A short video link for the recipe:-
Ingredients for Left over Chapathi Upma:-
- oil – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- green chillies / pachai milagai – 2 (chopped)
- lemon juice – 1 tsp
- coriander – 1 cup (chopped)
- left over chapathis – 5 to 6 number
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- coriander powder / malli podi – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
Left over Chapathi Upma – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all tear the left over chapathi into smaller pieces that is to say as smaller as possible. As smaller as it is as tastier it will be.
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add mustard and cumin seeds.
3. When it splutters add chopped onion and fry.
4. Sauté until the onions turns pale and then add chopped green chillies.
5. Thirdly add the spice powders and salt.
6. Mix well and add torn chapathis to the fry pan.
7. Sauté for few minutes until all ingredients mix together and the chapathi pieces were well coated with the masalas. After that add lemon juice and mix well.
8. Finally add chopped fresh coriander leaves and switch off the stove.
9. Serve along with tea in the evening.
Like, share and subscribe for more such recipes.