Left over chapathi cutlet is a tasty snacks which you can prepare along with tea in the evening. It will become more healthy as we add many vegetables.
A short video link for the recipe:-
Left over chapathi cutlet – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- chapathi – 5 to 6 number (1.5 cup coarsly ground)
- carrot – 1/4 cup (grated)
- cabbage – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- onion – 3/4 cup (chopped)
- coriander – 3/4 cup (chopped)
- garlic / poondu – 1 tblsp (chopped)
- green chillies / pachai milagai – 2 number (chopped)
- corn flour / chola maavu – 2 tblsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
Left over chapathi cutlet – Ingredients for covering:-
- rice flour – 2 tblsp (mixed with 2 tblsp of water)
- bread crumbs – as needed
Left over chapathi cutlet – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly take 5 to 6 left over chapathis.
2. Tear them into smaller pieces and put it in a mixie.
3. Grind them coarsly.
4. Secondly add grated carrot.
5. Then add chopped cabbage.
6. Likewise add chopped onions.
7. After that add chopped coriander.
8. Similarly add chopped garlic and green chillies.
8. Further add corn flour to the bowl.
9. Then add spice powders and salt.
10. Mix well adding little water for the reason that all ingredients will bind together.
11. Make cutlets of your desired shape. I used a mould here to make triangular cutlets.
12. First dip the cutlet in rice mixed with water.
13. Then coat the cutlet with bread crumbs completely.
14. Make such cutlets with all the dough and keep it ready.
15. Finally add one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and fry all the cutlets. Sprinkle one more tea spoon of oil above the cutlets.
16. Flip the cutlets and fry on the other side to golden brown,
17. Serve with desired chutney or tomato sauce.
Left over chapathi cutlet – variation:-
You can also prepare this cutlets without coating with bread crumbs. I just did it in another shape.