Leafy green Palak Paneer gravy recipe | பாலக் பன்னீர் is a healthy recipe which can be used as side dish for any type of parathas and rice. This is a perfect Punjabi side dish.
Preparation Time:- 40 minutes
To Serve:- 2
- Palak – 1 bunch
- Paneer – 100gms
- Green chilly – 1
- Ginger-garlic paste/ inji poondu viludhu – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Garlic/ poondu – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Turmeric powder/ manjal podi – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder/ milagai podi – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Butter – 1 tsp (for garnishing)
1. Boil water in a container, put washed and chopped palak in it and close for 3-5 minutes. The palak can be transfered to cold water at once, to retain the green colour.
2. Remove palak and grind it in a mixie along with ginger-garlic paste and green chilly, and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a fry pan, add cumin seeds and bay leaf.
4. When it splutters, add chopped onions and sauté.
5. Add garlic and sauté till raw smell goes.
6. Add chopped tomatoes and sauté again. Next add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt.
7. Now add ground paste of palak and mix well. Close lid, and allow it to cook for 7-8 minutes till raw smell of spices leaves and Palak get cooked well and becomes thick.
8. Cut paneer into small equal size cubes as per requirement and put it in boiling water for a minute.
9. Transfer the paneer cubes to the palak pan, and cook for two more minutes without breaking the paneer.
10. Add butter and serve along with phulkas or parathas.