Lapsi halwa recipe is a tasty sweet recipe prepared by gujarathis with broken wheat, jaggery, cardomom powder, ghee and nuts. Also a prasadham for god.
A short video for the recipe:-
Even more halwa recipes in my website are as follows:-
Lapsi halwa recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- broken wheat / lapsi / godhumai rava – 1.5cups
- jaggery / vellam – 1 cup (grated)
- ghee / nei – 1/2 cup
- cardomom powder / elakkai podi – 1/4 tsp
- broken nuts – as needed for garnishing
- water – 5 cups
Lapsi halwa recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly heat half a cup of ghee in a fry pan and add one and a half cups of lapsi to it.
2. Fry till the lapsi turns golden brown.
3. Meanwhile boil 5 cups of water in another container in another stove.
4. Secondly pour 5 cups of boiling water into the roasted lapsi in the fry pan.
5. Mix well and close with a lid. Allow it to cook for few minutes. It will take around three to five minutes.
6. After that when lapsi gets cooked well and water is absorbed completely add one cup of jaggery.
7. Mix well and finally add 1/4 tea spoon of cardomom powder.
8. Stir well until jaggery dissolves and spreads evenly in the dish. Switch off the stove and transfer to the serving bowl.
9. Garnish with chopped nuts and a tea spoon of ghee and serve hot.
If you like this recipe share with your friends. Subscribe to be updated with all new recipes which I post.