- Vegetable oil – 2 tsp
- Curd – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
ingredients – curd, turmeric powder and salt
- Green chillies – 5
- Coconut – 5 tsp
- Toor dal – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
- Rice – 1/2 tsp
ingredients to grind – green chillies, coconut, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, toor dal and rice
1. Soak coriander seeds, cumin seeds, rice and toor dal in hot water for 8-10 minutes.
2. Grind it along with green chillies and grated coconut into a fine paste.
3. Wash and cut lady’s finger into small pieces.
4. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a non stick pan and fry lady’s finger in low flame. When it turns colour, remove and keep lady’s fingers aside.
5. Now heat the ground mixture with little water in a pan in low flame for 5 minutes, till the raw smell disappears.
6. Now beat curd along with turmeric powder and required salt.
7. Mix curd to the pan. Keep in low flame for 10 more minutes. Don’t increase the flame.
8. Now mix the fried lady’s finger to it.
9. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add curry leaves and add to the Kuzhambu. Serve along with rice.