Vendaikkai mor Kuzhambu | Okra | Bhindi | Lady’s finger Is a variety of side dish prepared using Okra and butter milk. Spices added for flavour and taste.
- Lady’s finger – 10 – 15 number
- Vegetable oil – 2 tsp
- Butter milk/ more – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder/ manjal podi- 1/2 tsp
- Salt/ uppu – to taste
- Green chillies – 5 number
- Coconut – 5 tsp
- Toor dal/ thuvaram paruppu – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds/ malli podi – 2 tsp
- Rice/ arisi – 1/2 tsp
1. Soak coriander seeds, cumin seeds, rice and toor dal in hot water for 8-10 minutes.
2. Grind it along with green chillies and grated coconut into a fine paste.
3. Wash and chop lady’s finger into small pieces.
4. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a non stick pan and fry lady’s finger in low flame. When it turns colour, remove and keep lady’s fingers aside.
5. Now heat the ground mixture with little water in a pan in low flame for 5 minutes, till the raw smell disappears.
6. Now beat butter milk along with turmeric powder and required salt.
7. Mix butter milk to the pan. Keep it in low flame for 10 more minutes. Don’t increase the flame.
8. Now mix the fried lady’s finger to it.
9. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add curry leaves and add to the Kuzhambu. Serve along with rice.