Kolluparuppu thuvaiyal recipe | Horse gram dish is prepared using horse gram called as kolluparuppu in Tamil which has a lot of health benefits. It can be included in weight loss diet. ‘இளைத்தவனுக்கு எள்ளு, கொழுத்தவனுக்கு கொள்ளு’ is a tamil proverb which explains it’s benefits in weight loss. It offers a good amount of protein. It is rich in iron, calcium and potassium. Horse gram recipes can be included in the diet of diabetic. Can be used to treat asthma, kidney stones, jaundice and also to reduce cholesterol in body. It is believed to provide relief from cough and cold too. So these horse gram can be consumed once in a week.
Mostly there will be some stones in horse gram. So take it in a plate and separate the stones if any before using the ingredient. Now let us see how to prepare this recipe.
Preparation Time:- 10 minutes
To Serve:- 3-4 persons
- kollu paruppu / horse gram – 1 cup
- grated coconut / thengai thuruval – 3 tblsp
- red chillies / vara milagai – 2 number
- garlic / poondu – 2 cloves
- salt – to taste
1. Dry roast the kollu paruppu in a pan. (stop when it splutters and changes colour)
2. Cool it to room temperature and grind it along with freshly grated coconut, garlic cloves, red chilly and salt with enough water.
3. This thuvaiyal can be served as side dish with curd rice.
For other recipes with kollu paruppu in my website click on the links below.