We make Kolluparuppu thuvaiyal recipe using horse gram called as kolluparuppu in Tamil which has a lot of health benefits. You can include this in weight loss diet. ‘இளைத்தவனுக்கு எள்ளு, கொழுத்தவனுக்கு கொள்ளு’ is a tamil proverb which explains it’s benefits in weight loss. It offers a good amount of protein. It is rich in iron, calcium and potassium. We can include horse gram recipes in the diet of diabetic. You can also include to treat asthma, kidney stones, jaundice and also to reduce cholesterol in body. It is believed to provide relief from cough and cold too. So you can consume these horse gram once in a week.
Mostly there will be some stones in horse gram. So take it in a plate and separate the stones if any before using the ingredient. Now let us see how to prepare this recipe.
Preparation Time:- 10 minutes
To Serve:- 3-4 persons
Kolluparuppu thuvaiyal recipe – Ingredients:-
- kollu paruppu / horse gram – 1 cup
- grated coconut / thengai thuruval – 3 tblsp
- red chillies / vara milagai – 2 number
- garlic / poondu – 2 cloves
- salt – to taste
Kolluparuppu thuvaiyal recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly dry roast the kollu paruppu in a pan. Stop when it splutters and changes colour.
2. Secondly cool it to room temperature. Finally grind it along with freshly grated coconut, garlic cloves, red chilly and salt with enough water.
3. You can serve this thuvaiyal as side dish with curd rice.
For other recipes with kollu paruppu in my website click on the links below.