Kerala Appam coconut milk recipe | அப்பம் தேங்காய் பால் is a traditional, healthy kerala recipe for breakfast and it will be soft and tasty. The ingredients used to prepare the batter are raw rice, boiled rice, fenugreek seeds and urad dal. You can also use your idli batter to prepare appam when you do not have time to prepare. It is a very tasty recipe which everyone would like and very healthy too and so recommended even for people who are sick. Appam is an easily digestible food which suits for all age groups.
Kerala Appam coconut milk- Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- raw rice / pacharisi – 1 cup
- boiled rice / pulungal arisi – 1 cup
- fenugreek seeds / vendhayam – 1 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 3 tblsp
- coconut milk / thengai paal – 1/2 cup
- salt – to taste
- appa chatti ( I have used non stick pan)
Kerala Appam coconut milk – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all wash and soak raw rice, boiled rice, fenugreek seeds and urad dal together for 4 hours.
2. Secondly gind the soaked ingredients in a wet grinder to a smooth batter and add required salt and keep it for fermentation over night.
3. In the morning add half a cup of coconut milk and mix well using a ladle.
4. After that heat appa chatti and pour 1 ladle of batter in pan. Let the pan be in medium heat. Take the pan from flame, holding the pan handles with your two hands spread the batter in a circle. Extra batter will go to the centre and so the center of the appam will be thick and now close the pan using a lid and wait for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. After 2 minutes, open and see. The corners will turn golden brown in colour and when batter in the centre will be well cooked and no un cooked batter should be seen. remove using the wooden ladle.
6. Finally serve along with sweetened coconut milk or any kurma. It’ll be yummy and your family members would love it’s taste.
Related link:- Green peas in coconut milk