Kelvaragu idli dosai recipe is a healthy breakfast recipe in south India. Ragi which is named as kelvaragu or keppai in tamil is rich in calcium and iron content. Now let us see how to prepare idli or dosai which we can serve as breakfast.
Other recipes with ragi in my website are as follows:-
A short video link for the recipe:-
Kelvaragu idli dosai recipe – Ingredients:-
- Urad dal – 1/4 cup (soaked for 4 hours)
- ragi / kelvaragu – 1 cup
- salt – 1/2 tsp
Kelvaragu idli dosai recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly soak 1/4 cup of urad dal for 4 hours.
2. Secondly grind it to a fine batter in a mixie or wet grinder.
3. Thirdly mix ragi flour, salt and urad dal batter adding required water.
4. Allow it to ferment for 6-8 hours or overnight.
5. Batter rises up after fermentation.
6. Now keep idli pan in a stove and add one ladle of batter in each mould.
7. close and cook for five minutes.
8. After five minutes, idlis will be well cooked. Finally we can remove idlis from idli pan and serve along with any sambar or chutney.
Kelvaragu idli dosai recipe – Method of preparing dosai:-
1. Heat dosa pan in a stove and pour one ladke of batter. Spread evenly.
2. Sprinkle one tea spoon of oil.
3. close and cook for two minutes. After two minutes open lid.
4. Finally when it becomes crisp, remove from pan and serve along with any sambar or chutney.