Karuvepilai Sadham | curry leaves rice recipe is rich in iron and therefore it helps to improve hemoglobin level and aids in digestion. This is a delicious flavourful variety of rice prepared for lunch. It will be a good recipe for lunch box in other words to carry during travel. You can prepare this when you get fresh curry leaves from your garden that is to say when you get abundantly from your market, specially during summer season when the leaves were healthy and fresh. We have already prepared Karuvepilai podi, karuvepilai soup, Karuvepilai Kuzhambu and Herbal green Chutney Today we will prepare karuvepilai sadham following the easy steps below.
Karuvepilai Sadham recipe – Ingredients:-
- cooked rice – 2 cups (200ml cup used)
Karuvepilai Sadham recipe – To fry in oil and grind:-
- oil – 1 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- red chillies / vara milagai – 5 number
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – 1 cup
- tamarind / puzhi – 1/2 lemon size
- grated coconut / thuruviya thengaai – 2 tblsp
Karuvepilai Sadham recipe – For Seasoning:-
- gingely oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- bengal gram dal / kadalai paruppu – 1 tblsp (soaked in water for 5 minutes)
- peanuts and cashew nuts – as needed
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
Karuvepilai Sadham recipe – Method:-
1. Firstly keep all the ingredients ready for example in a plate near your stove. Cook rice following the instructions in Cooking white rice. Spread cooked rice in a wide bowl and add one tsp of gingely oil above it. Mean while heat one tsp of oil in a fry pan and add red chillies followed by urad dal.
2. When urad dal turns golden add curry leaves and tamarind.
3. Fry well the ingredients and add grated coconut.
4. Fry for 2 minutes and switch off the stove. Allow it to cool down to room temperature and grind into a fine paste adding few tsps of water.
5. Secondly heat one tea spoon of gingely oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters add soaked bengal gram dal, ground nuts and cashew nuts.
6. When the dals and nuts turns golden, add ground karuvepilai paste and salt to the fry pan. Saute for one minute.
7. Finally add cooked rice to the fry pan and switch off the stove. Mix well all the ingredients without breaking the rice.
8. After that you can pack this for lunch box and use while travelling. You can also serve along with any kootu, salad or papad.
You can prepare the same dish using any millet instead of rice. If you like this recipe share in your Facebook, twitter circles and keep me motivated. Thank you 🙏