Plain Karuvepilai podi | curry leaf powder | கருவேப்பிலை பொடி has a numerous health benefits. Karuvepilai is a daily used ingredient in South Indian recipes which gives a good flavour. It’s a natural flavouring agent makes our food healthy and tasty. It is rich in fibre, calcium, iron, magnesium, minerals and vitamins. It helps to lower cholesterol level, stops diarrhoea, fights against cancer. It’s good for hair growth and beneficial for eyesight.
It plays an important role in strengthening hair roots. You can apply dry curry leaf powder mixed in oil to your hair with a quick massage. The paste from curry leaves can also be applied in cases of grey hair. Now we will prepare a plain powder with it, which can be of great use, following these easy steps.
Other powder recipes are as follows
Plain Karuvepilai podi – Ingredients:-
- Curry leaves – 4 cups
1. Firstly take a bunch of curry leaves wash, clean and pat dry.
2. Secondly dry roast the leaves in a fry pan.
3. Further grind it into a fine powder and store it in a refrigerator.
4. You can sprinkle curry leaf powder on soups, sambar, rasam, and other food items. We can mix dry curry leaf powder in oil and apply to your hair with a quick massage. You can apply paste from curry leaves in cases of grey hair too.
5. We get a nice aroma and utilize the benefits of curry leaves.