Plain Karuvepilai podi | curry leaf powder | கருவேப்பிலை பொடி has a numerous health benefits. Karuvepilai is a daily used ingredient in South Indian recipes which gives a good flavour. It’s a natural flavouring agent makes our food healthy and tasty. It is rich in fibre, calcium, iron, magnesium, minerals and vitamins. It helps to lower cholesterol level, stops diarrhoea, fights against cancer. It’s good for hair growth and beneficial for eyesight.
It played an important role in strengthening hair roots. Dry curry leaf powder mixed in oil can be applied to your hair with a quick massage. The paste from curry leaves can also be applied in cases of grey hair. Now we will prepare a plain powder with it, which can be of great use, following these easy steps.
- Curry leaves – 4 cups
1. Take a bunch of curry leaves, clean and pat dry.
2. Dry roast the leaves in a pan.
3. Grind into a fine powder and store it in a refrigerator.
4. Sprinkle curry leaf powder on soups, sambar, rasam, and other food items. Dry curry leaf powder mixed in oil can be applied to your hair with a quick massage. The paste from curry leaves can also be applied in cases of grey hair.
5. We get a nice aroma and utilize the benefits of curry leaves.