Kambu Pearl millet dosai recipe is one of the healthiest food for breakfast. Millets are rich in protein, fibre, calcium, iron and minerals. They help to reduce cholesterol, lowers blood pressure, diabetes and to reduce body weight. Pre-menopausal women eating millets have reduced breast cancer risks. In olden days these grains were used regularly by our ancestors but totally forgotten today. They can be used in many recipes substituting rice and wheat. These millets are grown without chemical fertilizers or pesticides and hence organic. Let’s bring back our traditional food in our daily diet and create awareness on health.
Soak these millets for two hours in water, clean and dry in sunlight and store before using.
Some millet varieties and their names in Tamil / Hindi / English
- Saamai / kutki / Little millet
- Varagu / / Kodra / Kodo millet
- Thinai / Kangni / Rala / Foxtail millet
- Kezhvaragu / Nachani / Mundua / Finger millet
- Kambu / Bajra / Pearl millet
- Kuthiraivaali / Jhangora / Barnyard millet
- Cholam / Jowar / Sorghum
Kambu is one of the best body coolants that we can take kambu during peak summer. You will be less likely to suffer from heat strokes, ulcers and dehydration, if you make a habit of eating kambu in summer.
Kambu Pearl millet dosai – Ingredients:-
- kambu / bajra/ pearl millet – 1 cup
- raw rice / pacharisi – 1 cup
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1/2 cup
- fenugreek seeds / vendhayam – 1 tsp
- salt / uppu – to taste (approximately 1 tsp)
Kambu Pearl millet dosai – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash and soak kambu, rice, urad dal and fenugreeek seeds together in water for one hour.
2. After one hour gind the soaked ingredients in a grinder or mixie along with required salt and make a nice batter with required water.
3. Close and keep it in room temperature and allow it ferment for 3 hours.
4. After 3 hours the batter will be ready to prepare dosai. Pour one ladle of batter in a dosa pan and spread it in circular motion to make dosa. Finally sprinkle one tea spoon of vegetable oil above the dosa and close the pan using a lid.
5. After one minute open the lid and remove dosa using the dosa ladle.
6. Serve along with desired chutney or any other side dish.
For even more related recipes in my website click on the following links.