Kal dosa recipe | set dosa preparation is the same as that of Crispy Rice Dosa in preparing the batter. But here we prepare thick dosas without spreading the batter in the dosa pan whereas we spread the batter into a thin layer while we prepare a crispy dosa.
The benefits in preparing this dosa
1. We can prepare according to the size of the tiffin boxes which we carry.
2. It lasts long as it is thick and so can be done while we travel.
These dosas can be prepared for breakfast or dinner and served with any desired chutney. We have many varieties such as
Kal dosa recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cups used)
- idli rice / idli arisi – 4 cups
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 cup
- fenugreek seeds / vendhayam – 1 tsp
- salt – 4 tsp
Kal dosa recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash and soak rice in a container.
2. Secondly wash and soak urad dal and fenugreek seeds in a separate container.
3. Thirdly after 3 hours of soaking in water grind urad dal at first and rice next separately in a wet grinder.
4. Further add salt and mix both the batter together well. Add water if necessary. Let it ferment for 10-12 hours.
5. Next day morning after fermentation the batter will rise up.
6. Heat dosa pan in a stove and add one tea spoon of oil. Pour two ladle of dosa batter and spread a little as shown in the photo below. Should not spread it to a thin dosa. Let it be thick.
7. Close it with a lid and cook for one to two minutes.
8. It will be cooked in 2 minutes when you open the lid. Turn the dosa and allow it to cook on the other side.
9. Finally transfer to a plate and serve with any desired chutney.