Kal dosa recipe | set dosa preparation is the same as that of Crispy Rice Dosa in preparing the batter. But here we prepare thick dosas without spreading the batter in the dosa pan whereas we spread the batter into a thin layer while we prepare a crispy dosa. These dosas can be prepared for breakfast or dinner and served with any desired chutney. We have many varieties such as
Ingredients:- (200 ml cups used)
- idli rice / idli arisi – 4 cups
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 cup
- fenugreek seeds / vendhayam – 1 tsp
- salt – 4 tsp
1. Wash and soak rice in a container.
2. Wash and soak urad dal and fenugreek seeds in a separate container.
3. After 3 hours of soaking in water grind urad dal at first and rice next separately in a wet grinder.
4. Add salt and mix both the batter together well. Add water if necessary. Let it ferment for 10-12 hours.
5. Next day morning after fermentation the batter will rise up.
6. Heat dosa pan in a stove and add one tsp of oil. Pour two ladle of dosa batter and spread a little as shown in the photo below. Should not spread it to a thin dosa. Let it be thick.
7. Close it with a lid and cook for one to two minutes.
8. It will be cooked when you open the lid. Turn the dosa and allow it to be cooked on the other side.
9. Transfer to a plate and serve with any desired chutney.