Kadalai paruppu Sundal recipe | Channa dal | கடலை பருப்பு (Bengal gram) is a very nutritious and easy to prepare recipe. This can be had as an evening snacks along with tea.
During navarathri festival, dolls will be on display and people invite neighbours and kids to pray goddess. This Sundal is one among the sundal’s distributed during Navratri festival. Let’s see how to prepare this Sundal.
Preparation Time 10 minutes
To Serve:- 2
Kadalai Paruppu Sundal recipe – Ingredients:-
- kadalai paruppu Bengal gram – 1 cup
- coconut – 2 tblsp
- salt – to taste
- lemon juice – 1/4 tsp
Kadalai Paruppu Sundal recipe – For Seasoning:-
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds / kadug – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida / perungaayam – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly / vara milagai – 1
- Green chilly / pachai milagai – 1
- Curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
Kadalai Paruppu Sundal recipe – Method:-
1. Firstly wash and soak Bengal gram in water for one hour.
2. Secondly cook Bengal gram in a pressure cooker for 2 whistle with little water and salt required.(it should not be over cooked. Can also cook dal in ordinary container, so that you can check)
3. Once pressure is released, open the cooker and drain the water from dal. (Can use this water to prepare rasam)
4. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal and asafoetida. When it splutters add split green and red chillies and curry leaves.
5. Add the cooked dal to it, fry well till it becomes dry.
6. Add grated coconut and lemon juice, mix well, switch off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve as prasadham for goddess Durga and serve in paper cups for kids and neighbours .