Kadalai maavu | besan | gram flour dosa recipe is a dosa made with channa dal flour instantly when do not have any other fermented batter at home. It tastes so good.
Dosa is a South Indian recipe prepared using batter prepared from various ingredients, such as whole moong, wheat, rava, oasts, dals and rice. Dosas are mostly prepared for breakfast or dinner. This recipe is prepared from kadalai maavu instantly.
Kadalai maavu helps to lower cholesterol, diabetes, regulates blood pressure, helps in strengthening of bones, get rid of iron deficiency and helps to improve health of heart. See health benefits of gram flour for more information.
A short video link for the recipe:-
Kadalai maavu dosa recipe – Ingredients:-
- kadalai maavu/besan/gram flour – 1 cup
- rava – 1.5 cups
- rice flour – 1/2 cup
- salt – to taste
- Asafoetida – pinch
Kadalai maavu dosa recipe – Ingredients to grind:-
- green chilly – 2 number
- garlic – 6 cloves (chopped)
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 (chopped)
Kadalai maavu dosa recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly soak rava in one cup of water for half an hour.
2. Secondly after half an hour add gram flour, rice flour, salt and asafoetida. Add water and mix well.
3. Thirdly grind green chilly and garlic once and then add onion together in a mixie and grind well.
4. Further grind tomatoes separately.
5. Finally pour both ground mix to the batter in a container and mix well. The consistency should be upto the dosa batter which will be little watery.
6. Heat a dosa pan and pour one ladle of batter in the centre of the pan and spread in a circular motion, extending the batter. Sprinkle one tea spoon of veg oil and close the pan using a lid. Wait for one minute.
7. After one minute open and turn the side of the dosa.
8. When both sides are well cooked and turns golden brown, remove from pan and serve along with desired chutney or sambar or puzhi kuzhambu.
Even more varieties of dosas are below