Kadalai maavu Kola urundai | Besan kofta curry recipe is used as side dish for Phulkas and parathas. Kofta balls are made using besan along with spices, cooked well in water, fried in oil and added to the gravy. Also know about the health benefits of gram flour.
Kadalai maavu Kola urundai | Besan kofta curry recipe – Ingredients:-
For Kola urundai:-
- kadalai maavu / besan / gram flour – 1 cup
- turmeric powder / manjal thool – 1/4 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp (dry roasted and crushed)
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- asafoetida – pinch
- salt – to taste
- coriander powder / malli podi – 1/2 tsp
- ginger / inji – 1 tsp (chopped)
- mint / Pudina – 1 tblsp (chopped)
- curd – 2 tsp
- water – little
1. Take one cup (200grams) of kadalai maavu in a bowl.
2. Add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder. Add 1tsp of roasted and crushed cumin seeds to it.
3. Add 1tsp of roasted and crushed cumin seeds to it.
4. Add 1/2 tsp of red chilly powder.
5. Add a pinch of asafoetida
6. Add required salt (approximately 1/2 tsp)
7. Add 1/2 tsp coriander powder.
8. Add one tsp of chopped ginger.
9. Add one tblsp of chopped mint leaves.
10. Add curd.
11. Add a pinch of baking powder.
12. Mix all the ingredients in the bowl together. Add water little by little using a teaspoon and make it into a smooth dough.
13. Grease your hands with little oil, take some dough and roll it long as shown in the photo below.
14. Now boil water in a container and put the rolls in it. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
15. When it is well cooked, the rolls will come to the top of the container.
16. Now remove it and chop it into small circular pieces.
17. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the chopped kofta pieces to golden brown.
Kadalai maavu Kola urundai | Besan kofta curry recipe – For gravy:-
- ghee – 2 tsp
- red chillies – 2 (slit)
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- cinnamon / pattai – 1/2 inch
- cloves / kirambu – 3 number
- onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- ginger / inji – 1/2 tsp (chopped)
- garlic / poondu – 1 tsp (chopped)
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- coriander powder / malli podi – 1 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- salt – to taste
- curd / Yogurt/ thayir – 1 cup
- finely chopped fresh coriander for garnishing.
18. Heat ghee in a fry pan.
19. Add slit red chillies.
20. Now add cumin seeds.
21. Now add cinnamon stick and cloves.
22. Next add chopped onion and sauté for few minutes.
23. Add chopped ginger and sauté.
24. Next add chopped garlic and sauté.
25. Now add red chilly powder.
26. Next add coriander powder.
27. Add a pinch of asafoetida
28. Add required salt.
29. Mix well and add curd.
29. Add required water, close and cook for three minutes until the raw smell leaves.
30. Now add the fried koftas, mix well and cook for few more minutes.
31. Now add finely chopped coriander leaves. Switch off the stove.
32. Serve as side dish for Phulkas | dry roti