Javvarisi Upma recipe | Sago Kichadi | Sabundana Kichadi can be prepared as evening snacks. This is very healthy with ingredients such as peanuts, potato and sago with salt, sugar and spices. To know more details about sago click on nutritional value and Wikipedia
Javvarisi Upma recipe – Ingredients:-
- javvarisi / Sago / sabundana – 1 cup
- potato – 1 cup
- peanuts / groundnuts – 1/2 cup
- salt – to taste
- sugar – pinch
- lemon juice – few drops (optional)
Javvarisi Upma recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- green chilly – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few (finely chopped)
Javvarisi Upma recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Wash and soak sago in water for 4 hours. It will become soft and it will mash easily when you press.
2. Chop potato into small cubes and cook it with a cup of water.
3. Dry roast groundnuts till you get brown or black dots on the nuts. Cool down and remove skin. Grind it coarsly in a mixie.
4. Heat one tsp of ghee in a fry pan and add cumin seeds. When it splutters add chopped green chilly and chopped curry leaves.
5. Now add cooked potato cubes.
6. Next add coarsly ground peanuts to it and sauté for few minutes.
7. Now add soaked sago to the fry pan along with salt and sugar.
8. Sauté well, close using a lid and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. It will stick to the bottom of the pan. So stir in between.
9. When all ingredients mix well and sago becomes soft, switch off the stove and add 2-3 drops of lemon juice. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.
Other recipe with sago is Javvarisi payasam recipe | Sago kheer | ஜவ்வரிசி பாயசம்