Javvarisi payasam recipe | Sago kheer | Sabudana kheer is prepared using javvarisi and milk which is tasty and healthy. We can add sugar or jaggery for sweetness. We fry dry nuts and dry grapes in ghee and add to the payasam. You can use this payasam for neivedhyam to god and can also prepare during a feast. Any special lunch or dinner will not be complete without a payasam. So to make any lunch special prepare this easy recipe and serve your guests.
Sabudana is traditionally cooked and eaten in various forms as pappad, upma, vada, dosa, soup, halwa and ladoo. I have already posted
Sabudana vada and
Tamil name – Javvarisi.
Preparation Time:- 15 minutes
To Serve:- 2 person
Javvarisi payasam recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- javvarisi / sago – 1 cup
- sugar / seeni – 1 cup
- milk / paal – 1 cup
- cashew nut / mundhiri paruppu – few
- dry grapes / kiss miss/ ular dhiratchai – few
- cardomom powder / elakkai podi – pinch
- ghee / nei – 1 tsp
Javvarisi payasam recipe- Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly pressure cook sago with enough water for one whistle. Sago will become soft and thick when you touch.
2. Secondly once when pressure is released, add sugar and bring to boil for 2 minutes.
3. Thirdly add milk and boil for few more minutes in medium flame.
4. Mean while in another pan heat one tea spoon of ghee, fry cashew nuts and dry grapes to golden brown and add to the payasam in the other container along with a pinch of cardomom powder.
5. Finally serve this payasam with meals during special occasions.
For even more kheer recipes click on the following links