Javvarisi mixture recipe | crispy sabudana chiwda with step by step photos – a tasty and crispy evening snacks prepared with nylon sabudana pearls of the larger variety. Regular sabudana pearls won’t work out for making this recipe. You can store this yummy chiwda in air tight containers and have it when ever required. Related links are Javvarisi kuzhi Paniyaram, Javvarisi Vadai, Javvarisi Upma, Javvarisi payasam, Corn flakes mixture, Kara Pori mixture and Kara Sev.
- nylon sabudana large pearls / javvarisi nylon – 1/2 cup
- peanuts / groundnuts – 1/4 cup
- kishmish / dry grapes – 1/4 cup
- cashewnuts – 1/4 cup
- sugar – 1/2 tsp (powdered sugar can also be used as per wish)
- rock salt – 1/2 tsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/4 tsp
- oil – for deep frying
1. Heat oil in a fry pan for deep frying. Fry Sabudana pearls in oil. It will start puffing and fry well till it pops well. Keep your face and hands away when it pops. Use a long spoon with holes for removing.
2. Though they looks crisp and done from out, sometimes it will be hard from inside in the center. You can bite a few pearls and feel whether they are cooked in the center. If not fry again. Once they are fried well, remove from oil and put it in a kitchen tissue to absorb excess of oil.
3. In the same way deep fry peanuts in oil till they turn colour.
4. Again fry dry grapes till they pop up.
5. Next fry cashew nuts till they turn golden.
6. Remove from oil and keep all the deep fried ingredients in a kitchen tissue.
7. Put it in a bowl.
8.Add salt, sugar and red chilly powder.
9. Mix well and serve at once. Or store it in an airtight container and se when ever needed.