Instant mango pickle recipe with step by step photos. We can prepare this popular pickle when ever we need, with raw mango, fenugreek seeds, red chillies, red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt. Tempering is done with gingely oil, mustard seeds and asafoetida. This pickle goes well with curd rice.
We have already prepared few pickles with raw mangoes such as Cut Mango Pickle / aavakkai maangai oorugai, Raw Mango Mint thokku, Maavadu Pickle . Now let us see how to prepare a mango pickle instantly.
A short video link for the recipe:-
Instant mango pickle recipe – Ingredients:-
- raw mango / maangai – 1 number
- fenugreek seeds / vendhayam – 1/2 tsp
- red chillies / vara milagai – 2 number
- gingely oil / sesame oil / nal ennai – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
Instant mango pickle recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly scrap skin and chop raw mango into small pieces.
2. Secondly dry roast red chillies and fenugreek seeds in a fry pan till you get a nice flavour.
3. Cool down to room temperature and grind coarsly in a mixie.
4. Further heat one tea spoon of gingely oil in a fry pan. Add mustard seeds and asafoetida. Switch off stove when it splutters.
5. Add ground chilly powder and fenugreek seeds.
6. Next add red chilly powder and turmeric powder along with required salt.
7. Finally mix well and add chopped raw mangoes along with salt.
8. Stir well till all ingredients mix together well.
9. Serve as side dish along with curd rice.