Roasted Vermicelli Instant idiyappam recipe is one of the easiest recipe for bachelors. You get rice vermicelli in market. Buy this and prepare tasty idiyappam in a few minutes. This dish is recommended for bachelors and beginners. I have given you the preparation in easy steps to follow. Try preparing this and avoid eating outside which spoils your health.
- rice vermicelli – 200 grams
- onion – 1 chopped
- green chillies – 2 cut
- curry leaves – few
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal – 1 tsp
- butter milk (1/2 cup) or lemon juice(1 tsp)
- salt – to taste
1. Take 200 grams of rice vermicelli in a container
2. Pour boiling water in it up to the level of the vermicelli.
3. Close with a lid and wait for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, vermicelli will be soft and cooked. Drain excess of water by pouring it in a sieve.
5. Heat one tea spoon of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters, add urad dal, followed by green chillies and curry leaves. Saute for few minutes.
6. When onions become soft, add butter milk or lemon juice with required salt and switch off the stove.
7. Add vermicelli to it and mix gently without breaking.
8. Serve this idiyappam along with sambar or kuruma.
For other related recipes in my website please click on the following links