Home made grilled Steamed corn | street chat can be prepared at home specially during winter and rainy days. Here we grill the sweet corn and sprinkle red chilly powder and salt mixture with lemon juice and ghee. Red chilly powder can be replaced by pepper powder according to your wish.
Other sweet corn recipes are as follows
Sweet corn gravy and
Home made grilled Steamed corn – Ingredients:-
- sweet corn – as needed
- red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
- lemon – 1/2
- ghee – 1 tsp
- bbq skewer – 1
Home made grilled Steamed corn – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly remove the husk from the corn and keep it ready. Mix red chilly powder and salt. Meanwhile take half a lemon and ghee. Keep it ready.
2. Secondly put sweet corn in a BBQ skewer and put in a grill (can use electric grill or with coal) Here I am showing it in a gas stove.
3. While grilling turn the sides until it is grilled completely on all sides. It will pop up and you will be getting black dots over the corns.
4. Now you can touch the mixed red chilly powder and salt using that half lemon.
5. Finally spread it over the grilled sweet corn evenly on all sides.
6. Now sprinkle half a tea spoon of ghee throughout the sweet corn and serve.
7. You can also steam the sweet corns by keeping it in an Idiyappam pan.
8. You can also cook it in a pressure cooker. Here firstly you can cook with required water for one whistle.
9. After it is steamed and cooked well, you can remove it and spread the masala mix with lemon juice and sprinkle ghee, same as above for grilled sweet corn and serve.