Herbal green thuvaiyal recipe | Chutney is a very healthy and tasty chutney recipe which can be used as side dish for idli or dosai. This can be used as a spread while you make sandwiches. We add all green herbs such as curry leaves, coriander, pudhina and spring onions which enhances the colour and taste. If you need the chutney to be more green, you can use green chillies instead of red chillies.
Prepare this thuvaiyal/chutney following the easy steps given below.
- veg oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds/ kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal/ ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- channa dal/ kadalai paruppu – 1 tsp
- asafoetida/ perungayam – pinch
- red chillies/ vara milagai – 8 number
- Curry leaves/ karuvepilai – 1/2 cup
- spring onions/ vengayathaal – 1/2 cup
- coriander leaves/ kothamalli – 1/2 cup
- pudina/ mint – 1/2 cup
- grated coconut – 2 tblsp
- tamarind paste / puzhi – 1 tsp
- salt – to taste
1. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal and channa dal. When it turns golden yellow, add red chillies and asafoetida.
2. Now after frying red chillies, add all chopped leaves of spring onions and coriander along with pudhina and curry leaves, sauté for a minute and switch off the stove.
3. Cool to room temperature and grind smoothly along with coconut, tamarind paste and salt. Serve as side dish for idli or dosai.
For other chutney/ thuvaiyal recipes click on the below links