Hara Channa Paneer Gravy | Punjabi | pachai kondaikkadalai is a tasty Punjabi recipe prepared with fresh green channa and paneer used for roti and Phulkas. Health benefits of channa explains you about the nutritional value and its benefits.
During winter season we get hara channa /raw channa /green channa /fresh channa with the full herb in markets. Today we will prepare a gravy using fresh green channa along with paneèr. We can also prepare side dishes of hara channa along with cauliflower or potato. Buy a bundle of green channa plants. Remove the green channa from the pods.
- Hara channa – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Garlic/ poondu – 1 tblsp
- Ginger/ inji – 1 tblsp
- Tomato – 4
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder/ malli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder/ manjal thool – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder/ seeragathool – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Paneer – 100gram How to make paneer at home
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
1. Ground coarsly onion, ginger and garlic in a mixie.
2. Grind tomato separately in a mixie.
3. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add cumin seeds.
4. When it splutters add ground onion, garlic and ginger. Fry well till it turns colour and oil separates.
5. Add ground tomatoes and sauté.
6. Now add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt.
7. Mix well. Add hara channa to it. Add needed water. Close and cook for 5 minutes.
8. When the vegetables gets cooked well and becomes soft add garam masala. Cut paneer into small cubes and add to the gravy.
9. Keep it in low flame for 2 minutes. Switch off and transfer to serving bowl. Serve along with phulkas or roti.
Other related recipes are