Groundnut rice recipe | Tasty Nilakadalai sadham is prepared using Groundnuts also called as Peanuts or verkadalai in Tamil which are the best source of Proteins. They are rich in energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for health. We have already prepared variety rice such as Coconut rice ,
Now we will prepare a variety rice using groundnuts. This is a perfect lunch box recipe and you can be prepare this rice to carry during your travel. It lasts long and so a best recipe for carrying. We grind half of the ground nuts and add the rest of the ground nuts in full. Prepare following the steps given and add your comments regarding this recipe.
Preparation Time:- 30 minutes
To Serve:- 3 persons
Groundnut rice recipe – Ingredients:-
- Rice – 1 cup (cooked)
Groundnut rice recipe – Ingredients to grind:-
- Sesame seeds / ellu – 1 tblsp (எள்) (black or white)
- Groundnut / peanuts / verkadalai / nilakadalai – 1/4 cup
- Dry red chillies / vara milagai – 2 number
- Grated coconut – 2 tblsp
- Urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
Groundnut rice recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- Groundnut / nilakadalai – 1 tblsp
Groundnut rice recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly cook rice, drain water and keep it separately. Then heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add groundnut, sesame seeds, dry red chillies, grated coconut, urad dal and salt, and sauté till golden brown.
2. Cool the fried ingredients to room temperature and transfer to a mixie.
3. Grind it to a coarse powder.
4. Again heat one tea spoon of oil in pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters add groundnuts and curry leaves.
5. Finally pour this seasoning in to the bowl of cooked rice along with the ground powder and mix well without breaking the rice and check for salt. Add salt if necessary and serve.