Groundnut rice recipe | Tasty Nilakadalai sadham is prepared using Groundnuts also called as Peanuts (verkadalai in Tamil) are the best source of Proteins. They are rich in energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for health. We have already prepared variety rice such as Coconut rice , Coriander Rice , Lemon Rice , curd rice, Tomato rice , Gooseberry rice, Pudina Rice recipe, Capsicum Rice, Sarkkarai Pongal and Ven Pongal Here we prepare a variety rice using groundnuts. See Rice – Wikipedia to get details about rice. This is a perfect lunch box recipe. This can be prepared during travelling. It lasts long and so a best recipe for carrying. We grind half of the ground nuts and add the rest of the ground nuts in full. Prepare following the steps given and add your comments regarding this recipe.
Preparation Time:- 30 minutes
To Serve:- 3 persons
- Rice – 1 cup (cooked)
- Sesame seeds/ ellu – 1 tblsp (எள்) (black or white)
- Groundnut/ peanuts/ verkadalai/ nilakadalai – 1/4 cup
- Dry red chillies/ vara milagai – 2 number
- Grated coconut – 2 tblsp
- Urad dal/ ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds/ kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves/ karuvepilai – few
- Groundnut/ nilakadalai – 1 tblsp
1. Cook rice, drain water and keep it separately. Heat oil in a pan, add groundnut, sesame seeds, dry red chillies, grated coconut, urad dal and salt, and sauté till golden brown.
2. Cool to room temperature and transfer to a mixie.
3. Grind it to a coarse powder.
4. Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters add groundnuts and curry leaves.
5. Put in the bowl of cooked rice along with the ground powder, mix well and check for salt. Add salt if necessary and serve.