Greengram Sprouts Cutlet recipe | Pasipayaru Cutlet can be served as evening snacks or as starter. This is prepared with healthy greengram sprouts, potato, chopped onion, green chilly, ginger garlic paste and salt. We have already prepared some cutlets such as Vegetable Cutlet, Rajma potato cutlet, Fish Cutlet, Chicken Cutlet and Sweet corn cutlet.
Moong bean – wikipedia – know more about this bean, its cultivation and benefits.
Ingredients:- (200gram cup used)
- green gram sprouts / mulai kattiya pasipayaru – 1 cup
- Potatoes / aloo / urulai kizhangu – 2 number (cooked ad skin removed)
- onion – 2 tsp (chopped)
- green chillies – 2 number (chopped)
- ginger-garlic paste / inji poondu viludhu – 1 tsp
- salt – to taste
- 1 tsp of rice flour mixed in 1/4 cup of water
- bread crumbs – 1 cup
- oil – for deep frying
1. Cook potatoes in a pressure cooker with enough water for two whistles, cool down to room temperature and remove skin.
2. Cook greengram sprouts with enough water in a container for 10 minutes.
3. Drain water and keep it aside.
4. Finely chop onion and green chillies. Now mash the cooked potatoes in a bowl. Add cooked greengram sprouts, chopped onion, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and salt.
5. Mix it well to form a smooth cutlet dough.
6. In a cup mix one tsp of rice flour in 1/4 cup of water. Keep rice flour in water and bread crumbs ready.
7. Now take lemon size of dough, flatten it, dip in rice flour water and then coat it with bread crumbs. Same way make many cutlets and keep it ready.
8. Heat oil in a fry pan and deep fry the cutlets.
9. When one side was fried turn the other side. Fry both the sides to golden brown.
10. Serve hot along with tomato sauce.