Green peas sambar recipe | Poongodi’s kitchen with photos and details for preparation of an easy sambar variety to serve along with rice, idli or dosa. We have already prepared few recipes using fresh green peas which is available throughout winter.
Green peas sambar recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- green peas / pachai pattani / matar – 1 cup
- sambar onion – 10 number (skin removed and chopped lengthwise)
- tomato – 1 (chopped)
- toor dal / thuvaram paruppu – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- sambar powder – 1 tsp
- tamarind paste / puzhi paste – 1 tsp
- salt – to taste
Ingredients for seasoning:-
- gingely oil / nal ennai – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
Green peas sambar recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all remove green peas from its pods and collect one cup of peas. On the other hand remove skin and chop sambar onions lengthwise and also chop tomatoes and keep all the ingredients ready.
2. Secondly add all the above ingredients to a pressure cooker along with one and a half cup of water.
3. Cook the ingredients for one whistle in medium flame during which all ingredients will be cooked together evenly. Once when pressure is released open the cooker.
4. Thirdly add sambar powder, tamarind paste and salt to the cooked ingredients in the pressure cooker. Heat the sambar again in low flame and check for salt and water content, in other words until it reaches your required consistency.
5. Mean while heat one tea spoon of gingely oil a small pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal, and when it turns golden add asafoetida and curry leaves. Switch off the stove and after that pour it into the prepared sambar.
7. Finally serve this sambar as side dish along with rice.