Green Peas Pulao recipe | Matar pulao is prepared with peas, basmati rice, ghee, onion, pudina, green chillies, spices and salt which gives a good flavour. This can be prepared in pressure cooker or in a pot. We have already prepared few recipes with green peas such as Green peas kuzhambu, Green Peas soup, Green peas Cauliflower curry, Green peas potato curry and Tips for Storing green peas in refrigerator. You may also know more about the nutritional value and health benefits by clicking the link – Green peas. Now let as see how to prepare green peas pulao.
Green Peas Pulao recipe – Ingredients:-
- basmathi rice – 1 cup
- ghee – 2 tblsp
- onion – 1 big (chopped)
- green chillies – 2 (slit)
- ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- pudina / mint leaves – 1 cup
- green peas – 2 cups
- cashew nuts – as needed
- water – 2 cups
- salt – to taste
Green Peas Pulao recipe – Spices needed:-
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- star anise – 1
- green cardomom / elakkai – 3 number
- cloves / kirambu – 4 number
- bay leaf – 1
- cinnamon stick / pattai – 1 inch
- 2 strands of mace/ javitri,
- stone flower – 1
Green Peas Pulao recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash and soak basmati rice in water for 30 minutes. Collect all the ingredients, chop and keep it ready.
2. Secondly heat 2 table spoons of ghee in a fry pan and fry cashewnuts to golden and keep it aside.
3. Thirdly in a pressure cooker heat 2 table spoons of ghee put all the spices mentioned above and allow it to splutter.
4. Now add chopped onion and green chillies and sauté for 1 minute.
5. When onions turn pale add ginger-garlic paste and green peas.
6. Stir well and add pudina leaves and sauté again.
7. Now add soaked basmati rice and saute for one minute.
8. Finally add water and required salt and check for taste.
9. Close the cooker and keep in low flame for 7 minutes without putting the whistle.
10. After 10 minutes in low flame open the pressure cooker and check. Water will be completely absorbed and the pulao will be ready. Add fried cashews and serve hot along with any pickle or Raitha.
You may also like