Green gram sprout-coconut juice | healthy summer drink recipe will reduce body heat, rejuvenates and refreshes us in summer season. Healthy juice and drinks are anybody’s priority during hot summer days. Most juices were prepared with fruits and vegetables. Here we prepare juice with healthy green gram sprouts, grated coconut and jaggery.
Moong beans / green gram are a high source of nutrients including, manganese, potassium, magnesium, folate, copper, zinc and various B vitamins. They are also a very filling food, high in protein, resistant starch and dietary fiber. Moong beans are considered useful in defending against several chronic, age-related diseases, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity. Related recipes are Sprouted green gram kichadi , green gram sprout Pongal , Green gram sprout salad , green gram sprout Sundal , Chettinad Paasipayaru Kuzhambu , Green Moong Dal Makhani , Greengram Sprouts Cutlet , Fenugreek-Greengram Sprout Curry and Pesarattu | Greengram dosa . Now let us see how to prepare this home made green gram sprout juice.
Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- green gram sprouts / mulai katiya pasi payaru – 1 cup How to make sprouts at home
- fresh grated coconut / thengai thuruval – 1 cup
- grated jaggery / thuruviya vellam – 3/4 cup
- green cardomom / elakkai – 2 number
1. Collect all the needed ingredients and keep it ready.
2. Grind all the ingredients in a mixie to a smooth paste adding half a cup of water.
3. Filter it using a steel filter. Press the purée using a spoon to extract as much juice a spoon possible.
4. Add some more water to get your required consistency of juice. Add ice cubes, garnish with one or two green gram sprouts and serve chilled. Enjoy the health benefits of green gram juice.