Gobi | Cauliflower Paneer Masala recipe | Punjabi is a tasty side dish for roti, phulkas, parathas and puris. It brings the health benefits of paneer and cauliflower together.
- cauliflower – 1 medium size
- paneer – 200 grams
- onions – 3 (chopped)
- tomatoes – 3 (chopped)
- green chillies – 2 (slit)
- ginger, garlic paste / inji poondu paste – 3 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragapodi – 1 tsp
- red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- lemon juice – 1 tsp
- chole masala – 1 tblsp
- salt – to taste
Ingredients for cholesterol masala:-
1. Cut the cauliflower florets and boil in water with salt for few minutes. Drain water and keep florets aside.
2. Keep paneer pieces in warm water for 3-5 minutes till they gets soften.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan, add cumin seeds and when it splutters add green chillies and then chopped onions and fry for few minutes till onion turns pale.
4. Next add ginger, garlic paste and sauté. Then add chopped tomatoes and fry for few more minutes.
5. When tomatoes get well cooked and becomes mushy add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt and chole masala powder. Mix well.
6. Now add boiled cauliflower florets to the pan.
7. Then add paneer cubes and mix without breaking.
8. You can add 1/2 cup of water if needed. When the gravy becomes thick and water gets completely absorbed by the vegetables, add lemon juice and switch off the stove.
9. Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve.
For more related recipes in my website click on the links below