Gobi Pakoda recipe | Cauliflower 65 | காலிப்ளவர் பக்கோடா is a tasty pakoda that can be prepared and used as starter, side dish or snacks. Some of them name this as Gobi 65.
Pakodas are a good chat item for evening time. This can be prepared with many vegetables. Now let’s see how to prepare pakodas using Cauliflower. To know about the nutritional values and health benefits of gobi click on cauliflower
Preparation Time:- 20 minutes
To Serve:- 4 persons
- cauliflower/ bandh gobi – 1 (big)
- besan/ kadalai maavu/ channa flour – 5 tblsp
- rice flour/ arisi maavu – 1 tblsp
- ajwain/ omam – 1/4 tsp
- amchur powder/ dry mango powder – 1/2 tsp
- red chilly powder/ milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder/ manjal podi – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
- chat masala or tomato sauce as you wish
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- ginger – 1 tsp (chopped)
- garlic – 2 tsp chopped
- green chillies – 2 (slit)
- curry leaves – few
1. Remove the florets into medium size pieces in cauliflower and half cook with water and turmeric powder. Drain water in a vegetable stainer and collect the half cooked florets.
2. Mix besan, rice flour, omam,salt, dry mango powder, red chilli powder and remaining turmeric powder, add sufficient water to make a smooth batter.
3. Mix cauliflower with this batter well so that all florets are coated with batter on all sides.
4. Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the pakodas. Separate the florets from each other in oil and turn from time to time, so that it will be fried equally on all sides.
5. When all sides turn golden brown remove from oil and place them in tissues to drain excess of oil.
6. Heat one tsp of oil, fry the ingredients given under garnishing and put above it and serve.
For other pakoda recipes in my website click on the following links