Fried gram laddu | pottu kadalai urundai is an easy to prepare delicious laddu which can be prepared even by beginners and bacherlors. Ingredients are very simple and this can be made during festivals like diwali or on ordinary days as neivedhyam to god. This is a tasty evening snacks for children from school.
Other laddu recipes in my website are
Now let us see how to prepare this fried gram laddu which is called as “pottu kadalai” in tamil.
Ingredients:- (200 grams cup used)
- fried gram / pottu kadalai – 1 cup
- sugar / seeni – 1/2 cup
- ghee / nei – 1/4 cup
- cashew nuts / mundhiri paruppu – as needed
- cardomom powder / elakkai podi – 1/4 tsp
1. Grind one cup of fried gram to a fine powder in a mixie.
2. Grind half a cup of sugar and cardomom powder together separately so that cardomom powder will mix evenly. Put ground fried gram powder and ground sugar in a bowl and mix. Keep it ready.
3. Heat 1/4 cup of ghee in a fry pan and fry broken cashew nuts.
4. When cashew nuts turn golden pour it in the bowl containing ground fried gram powder and ground sugar powder with cardomom powder.
5. Mix well with a spoon when the ghee is hot and then using your hands, break the lumps and mix evenly.
6. Take hand full of powder and make laddu. Same way make laddus with all the flour. You will get around eight laddus for this amount of fried gram.
7. Store it in container and serve when needed.