Fresh Rajma bean potato cutlet | Kofta balls were prepared for using as evening snacks, starters or as side dish.
- fresh rajma/ kidney beans – 1/4 kg
- potatoes/ aloo – 3 number
- oil – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
- garlic/ poondu – 2 tblsp (chopped)
- green chillies – 2 (chopped)
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- Red chilly powder/ milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder/ seeragapodi – 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder/ malli podi – 1/2 tsp
- salt/ uppu – to taste
For coating the cutlet:-
- maida – 2 tblsp (mixed with water)
- bread crumbs – 1/2 cup
1. Remove fresh rajma from its pods and collect one cup.
2. Cook Rajma along with cleaned potatoes in a pressure cooker for two whistles with required water.
3. Once pressure is released, drain water and remove the skin of potatoes.
4. Mash both the vegetables using a potato masher.
5. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, chopped garlic and green chillies and fry for few minutes.
6. Next add chopped onion and fry till it turns colour. Then add red chilly powder.
7. Then add cumin powder, coriander powder and salt.
8. Sauté all the ingredients together for one minute.
9. Now add the mashed rajma and potatoes to the pan and switch off the stove.
10. Mix well to form a dough.
11. Make round balls out of the rajma dough and flatten it.
12. Mix maida with water and keep aside. Take bread crumbs in another plate. Dip the cutlets in maida and then dust completely with bread crumbs.
13. In a dosa pan heat one tsp of oil and place the cutlets. Sprinkle one more tsp of oil above. Fry for 2 minutes and turn the side. When both the sides were fried well and turns golden brown, remove from pan.
14. Serve hot with tomato sauce or any chutney.