Fresh papaya lemon juice recipe | papaya lemonade is a yummy juice prepared with fresh papaya fruit, lemon juice, sugar and salt. This juice is a healthy dose of nutrients, minerals like calcium, chlorine, iron, phosphorus and potassium. This juice has many health benefits and it particularly cures diseases related to blood, constipation and heart. We have already prepared Papaya Coconut Juice,
Its Botanical name is Carica papaya. Papaya fruit helps in weight loss, lowers cholesterol, boosts your immunity, good for diabetics, great for your eyes, protects against arthritis, improves digestion, helps ease menstrual pain, prevents sign of ageing, promotes hair growth, prevents cancer and helps to reduce stress. Now let us prepare a yummy drink using juicy papaya. This is very simple and I have given it in easy steps with photos. Please share your views regarding this recipe after preparing this juice.
To make two cups of juice you need
- papaya fruit pieces – 1 cup
- lemon juice – 1 fruit
- sugar / seeni – 4 tblsp (this can be substituted by honey or jaggery)
- salt – pinch
1. Remove skin and seeds and chop papaya into cubes.
2. Grind it in a mixie with sugar and salt till you get a smooth juice out of it. Add water as necessary.
3. Filter the juice using a sieve. You can still add water accordingly till you get a juicy consistency, if you get a thick pulp.
4. Add lemon juice (approximately two teaspoons) and mix well.
5. Refrigerate it for one hour and serve chilled. You can also add ice cubes, garnish with thin lemon slices and serve at once. This is a yummy drink with healthy papaya which everyone will love.
6. If you refrigerate this juice for more than 12 hours you will get a jelly. You can serve as jelly or use as bread spread.